Agility is one of the world’s largest integrated logistics providers with more than 22,000 employees and operations in 100 countries. Through our Global Integrated Logistics (GIL) business, we offer road, air and ocean freight forwarding, warehousing, distribution and specialized services in project logistics, fairs and events, and chemical logistics.Due to continuous intensive development in Road Freight European wide, we are looking for a candidate who are ready and eager to join our journey on a position of Supplier Manager Road Freight responsible for Europe.
Supplier Manager Road Freight Europe (m/f)
(preferable localization: Stuttgart)
The Supplier Manager Road Freight Europe manages with all relevant stakeholders, mainly in Europe, to ensure highest quality and reliability for strategic procurement, supplier management and planning activities for Road Freight business across all countries within the region Europe. He/she acts as active contributor, leader and as sparring-partner for Business partners in Europe within the product Road Freight. The Supplier Manager takes ownership to define governance around best practices and purchase policies, achieve assigned category targets for cost reductions, perform supplier relationship management and reviews.
- Elaborate, nurtures and owns well-structured supplier management policies and processes in Iine with the overall Road Freight strategy.
- Takes accountability for permanent up-to-date documentation about supplier management.
- Acts as main interface for all stakeholders in regards to processes and policies for supplier management.
- Ensures permanent up-to-date overview and meaningful data and KPI about all suppliers in use for all road based business activities across the region Europe.
- Initiates, supports and joins partly supplier audits jointly with involved Business Partners.
- Takes accountability for adherence of set rules and Standards for supplier management in the region Europe.
- Actively reviews financial and operational key-figures on regular basis together with other regional Road Freight functions and peers in areas and countries.
- Takes co-leadership for onboarding of new Trucking suppliers within Europe.
- In addition to closely coordinating all activities with the Road Freight Team, you will assist the Competence Centre Trucking Director Road Freight and the Managing Director in ad-hoc inquiries and be actively involved in working on projects.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in the industry and basic experiences in management.
- Well experienced in European Road Freight business with vast knowledge and background in planning/FTL business and supplier market.
- Good experience in effective negotiations, proven track of success in procurement.
- Strong people management skills, communication skills, well organized/structured, process oriented.
- Stress-resistant, capable of working to strict deadlines and handling high volume of data.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Fluent Business English mandatory, German as strong asset.
- Excellent MS office skills with Focus on Excel and Powerpoint.
- High flexibility and willingness to travel.
You will have the opportunity to work in a global, inspiring and highly dynamic environment within a growing team,
where you will have the chance to be actively part of building it up.