Manager Operations Area Central (m/f)
The primary purpose of this function is to drive and improve operational performance and operational quality within Area Central (Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Poland). The Manager Operations Area Central supports the Chief Operations Officer Area Central Europe and independently manages assigned projects.
- Drives process standardisation, automation, centralisation with the target to increase efficiency and quality.
- Improves Operations performance / quality through our Operations Excellence program (OpsX).
- Supports the implementation of OpsX related initiatives and projects and acts as responsible subject matter expert for various OpsX elements e.g. Branch Dashboard, Daily Weekly Monthly Routines and more.
- Leads and supports Operations related Projects.
- Runs business analysis and business cases for different Operations aspects.
- Challenges existing processes (process mapping) and defines process improvements.
- Carries out on-site visits, reviews and deep-dives Operations performance and quality (KPIs, process e.g. product process blueprint, and operations behaviours).
- Streamlines Operations reporting.
- Carries out training for the above areas of responsibility.
- Acts as “Change Agent” within Area Central and Germany in particular.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the freight forwarding industry (Operations, Product, Project Management).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with driving change and process mapping (lean / six-sigma background desired).
- German and English are the principal languages for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management.
- “Winning” character with a convincing personality with the ability to thrive under pressure.
You will have the opportunity to work in a global, inspiring and highly dynamic environment within a growing team, where you will have the chance to be actively part of building it up.
Interested? We are looking forward to your application!